Friday, May 26, 2006


Almost Half Term and New Wool.


Well it is almost school holiday time again, as is typical I have one off sick so will probably have them all ill next week!
The weekend away went well, despite the fact that it rained the whole time we actually had a good weekend and have booked another one at the same place for the weekend of Amber's birthday. We used to go to Clacton a lot, but then it got a bit boring, so it was nice to go back again, and it is great for a weekend away for us as it is only an hour and a bit drive.
I managed to get some wool in a cheap book shop, only fake fur stuff, but I love it so it was ideal for me I got 12 balls for £9.99. I have taken a picture of each colour. I also got two balls of lime green fake fur in Basildon for 99p each. Then Yesterday down Wickford I popped into the LYS and ended up buying 3 balls of elle family Dk, 2 balls of elle Sensual, 2 balls of a lovely soft baby wool in lilac and finally 4 balls of elle splish splash cotton 4ply. I just loved the colours, I bought them for £2.99 each which I thought was ok for 100g balls, but when I searched the internet last night I found them being sold for £4.95 and £5.95 a ball, so I was quite chuffed. I have to say sorry to all those yarn snobs but I really can't afford to buy wool with cost £6 or £7 a go, I have thought about not feeding the kids, but I don't think I would get away with it.lol.


Nothing big planned for the weekend Joe has a football tournament on Saturday afternoon, may take the girls along if it's not raining! Then Church Sunday as usual. I am hopeing to see Carly next week as she may be able to come up for the day, as I am not rushing back and forwards to school and can pick her up and take her home. I speak to her everyday, but it isn't the same as seeing her in the flesh, She is not that far away but sometimes is feels like miles. I just hope that things will settle down and she will change I love her to bits but sometimes she makes it a bit hard to like her.

I am going to try and get a bit more organised round here so that I can enjoy some more time to myself, not sure how yet, but I can dream can't I. I know a lot of people dread the school holidays as all the kids home drive you mad but I find I get a rest as I have so many commitment during school term, teaching knitting and cross stitch atan after school club, governor meetings and so on, its just nice not to HAVE to do anything.

Well I think thats it for now, I shall go and do some tidying up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I went and bought 2 balls of pink and purple novelty yarn at The Range for 99p....can't pass it up! I can use it for my freeform anyway....that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Knittingmummy said...

Thats the great thing about having kids I can say I buy the stuff because they like it. But If I am honest I like the way it looks knitted up!!

sarah said...

I am also strapped for cash, and tend to look for real bargains. Also when I knit charity scarves I look for the cheapest funky stuff I can find. I am not ashamed to be an acylic knitter!