Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I have been very busy knitting so haven't posted lately, Jade and Amber decided they both wanted a new top to wear for Ambers birthday this sunday. I have finished Jade's it took just over a week and now I am doing Ambers the front is done just the back to go, they are sleeveless tops in funky fur. I am pleased with them, I have done Ambers in the smaller size and it is a lot smaller than Jades, but I am going to stick with it and see how it turns out. We are off to the caravan at Clacton again this weekend so I am packing in between knitting. I also finished Darcey's bolero. I am taking the digital camera this weekend and hope to get some pictures of all latest knit wear!!
Hopefully the weather will be better this time, it is lovely and sunny at present and they say it should stay so you never know. I also bought a load more wool and patterns this week, It was all elle, or stylecraft stuff again. Our local shop only really sells these brands at present.
My main problem at the moment is I have loads of things I want to knit for the girls but they keep growing.lol.
On a general front things are going fine, Ambers diabetes is going ok, she is low quite a lot at present but the warm weather does that so at least we know what causes it.
All the other kids are plodding along nicely, oldest daughter Carly, is in the process of sorting herself out a flat with her boyfriend so things are looking good there at present, but I never like to tempt fate as far as Carly is concerned.
Had a nice church service sunday evening for Pentecost although Jade did managed to fall asleep. I shall miss going this week but it is nice to get away. My hubby had a tooth out last Friday and it was quite a nasty one, he had to have stitches. I feel sorry for him, but he is still moaning a week later, what is it with men.
Well thats all for now, must get back to Amber's top.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sorry to respond this way, but I couldn't find your email address. I used a Peaches and Cream a 100% cotton yarn for the face clothes here is the link for the manufacturer http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/prod01.htm If you can not find that brand in your area, I am sure any 100% cotton yarn will work.

Hope this was helpful.

M

Unknown said...

I've decided to try using Patons cotton. I'll let you know how it turns out...if it turns out...if I get around to doing it....hmmm...I thought I would use two strands at a time to make it work better.

Knittingmummy said...

I am definately going to try some as they seem like quick projects and an unusal present to give to people, I also like the idea of my own hand made face clothes. Is Patons a DK or 4ply, the cotton on the American website seemed to be all 4ply.