Friday, May 05, 2006


Just popped on because I had to tell someone that I have just ordered some Rowan 4ply cotton, to knit a lovely little top I found in this months Simply Knitting, it is in a lovely lilac shade, I have never knitted anything like this before and at first I thought it would be too difficult, because it is lacey, but when I actually read the pattern I couldn't see anything I can't do, so I am going to give it a try, I haven't knitted anything for myself in ages. The only bad thing is I have to knit the biggest size! lol.
On wednesday night my son's football team had their presentation evening at the Outback Steak house, who are his team sponsers, which was a nice evening, he also got a trophy for best all round player. We need another shelf what with his boxing and football trophies. Anyway above is a picture of Joe getting his cup.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Which pattern is it??? I've found a few things recently that I would like to make from the mag, but I'm in the midst of so many things I Could do...that I'm almost frozen stiff because I don't know what to do first...but afraid not to have something on the needles!!!

Knittingmummy said...

Hi Dawn, the pattern is on page 20 of the May issue, it is a vest top, I have chosen the same colour as the picture. It also has a shrug but I am not too keen on them so I shall probably give that a miss. I have never knitted in a round or used stitch markers so its going to be a learning curve for me. What do you think of the top? My main worry is will it fit as it does look a bit skimpy and I am not.lol.