Thursday, August 31, 2006



Right well I have finished Ambers bolero, It is ok, she loves it but to tell the truth my picking up of stitches is poor and I need a lot more practice I ended up with too few stitches and it is pulling a bit tight. I have also included a photo of Carly's baby blanket which Amber is also modeling!! there is also a picture of me with blanket, Amber took it so I had to promise to put it on here!!!
I have also knitted a little top in Tufty wool for Jade but I have to finish sewing that up today. I have started a cardigan for Darcey funky fur and DK. I have decided my skills are not up to anything more adventurous at the moment, this was my first picot stitch,and I have just realised I have been doing yfw wrong all this time.LOL.



I had been thinking about not bothering posting anymore as my knitting is pretty basic but then I thought about it and really it doesn't really matter how ambitious you are with your knitting as long as you enjoy it and hopefully as I gradually improve this will be a way for me to look back and say look how much better I have got, well hopefully anyway.

I also would like to point out that I don't know how I got that aviator at the top of my blog but that also means I don't know how to get rid of it!!!!!!!!!

Well we are in the final week of the school holidays so soon it will be back to routine and rush rush rush. I think I will go and sew up Jades top, or maybe I should tidy up and stop the kids fighting first, Nah, knitting it is.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are going to continue to write your blog. I like seeing what you are making your kids! The most important thing is you enjoy your knitting and the kids love to wear what you make!

Knittingmummy said...

Thanks for that.
Amanda.

Judy said...

That looks adoarable on her !