Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Just a quick post as things are way busy round here, I got a new book Mason Dixon Knitting and I love it I don't know why I waited so long to buy it. To be honest I didn't know if I really fancied it but had read a lot of praise for it on other blogs and decided to go for it and I am so glad I did, it's great.
The school holidays are flying by I am doing the uniform shopping and it is driving me mad.
Ambers cardigan is on the last sleeve so soon there will be pictures to show.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't sure about the hype with the Mason Dixon book either...but it is really good. I like the way they put it together too. I hope they do a second one in a few years! They are good inspiration. I want to buy some hemp to do the linen towels!

Knittingmummy said...

It is great isn't it, I want to do a mitered square blanket, and the bibs, and, the dishcloths. I have also noticed everybody seems to be talking about log cabin as well and that also looks fun.

Unknown said...

I'm doing the denim log cabin that is tilted that they don't have the pattern for. I'm going to use the colors I found on a similar quilt at the NEC Quilt show. I was going to use the denim and changed my mind. I've made the washrags out of rowan cotton...but they are too thick for dishcloths so I'm giving them away as wash cloths. They work good for that and work up very quickly. I'm going to get some hemp at Alley Palley to make the tea towels.

Knittingmummy said...

I am going to try the dishcloths but use them as facecloths, and also some bibs first. Then see how I go.