Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Long Time No Post!!!!!

Well as the title says it has been quite a while since I posted any messages, as is usual in my life, loads of stuff has happened. Firstly I am no longer homeschooling Amber, this is due to the fact that I have found a lovely school which was willing to take on board her diabetes and have bent over backwards to accomodate her and make her feel happy and safe. I am chuffed to bits, I was finding Homeschooling, very difficult, I am not against it and I think in an ideal situation I would love to have had all my kids at home, but I just found it hard to fit it in with everybody elses demands. The thing that makes the whole thing even better is that Amber loves her new school and has loads of friends already. It is a very small school, only 3 classes in the whole school, one in each year, which makes it very friendly and very accessable, which has been a God send for us.
On the knitting front, I have recently finished a little pinafore dress for Darcey out of a Zoe Mellor book called adorable knits, I knitted it in Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino, as it is sooo soft. I have just started a bolero for my eldest daughter, but I have put that on hold, and I have started a gillet for Darcey in Wow and Eskimo, the pattern asked for Funky Fur, but Eskimo is the same. That is also very soft, but the Wow does shred a bit.
I have also started writing again, something I used to do a lot of when I only had 2 kids, but stopped with no's 3, 4 and 5!!! I have found a nice little writing group not far away which I hope I will get a long to soon. I have always wanted to write a novel, I have written a couple but nothing that could really be called finished. I am a murder/mystery buff, and that is the kind of thing I hope to write. I have also started reading again, I have just finished reading a interesting if not controversial book about Mary Magdalene by Lynn Picknett, and I have started one called The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke, and Peter Gandy, they are definately thought provoking and give a very different view!

I will try and take some pictures of Darcey's dress later and get them on as soon as possible.

Well thats a bit of an update, I will try to do a bit more regular posting from now on.


No comments: